Tuesday 7 October 2014

Anchorman (2004) Movie Review


Director: Adam McKay
Writers: Will Ferrell, Adam McKay
Starring:Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner, Steve Carell

When the undoubted sequel to Anchorman; Anchorlady comes out, Fantana is sure to be unhappy about it. I will definitely be in line to see that.

This movie constantly butts heads with the Avengers as my favourite movie. The comedy in it is absolutely immaculate making it one of the most quotable movies of all time. The movie really solidifies Will Ferrell as one of the funniest entities in the galaxy. I could honestly go on about this movie all day. I just think it is fair to say that not only does everyone think this film is great but that it is also one of the greatest comedies.

Because of everyone having this knowledge, I would prefer to just disprove all theories that this 
is just a dumb comedy. Everyone may already know these things but it has taken me personally, countless re-watchings to come to this conclusion. When I was watching it recently, I was thinking that this movie could easily be construed as sexist with how the news team treats Veronica. They treat her as a trophy or just a sex object. Some feminists at this point in the movie would be scoffing and reaching for the remote. Observant people would then realise then that almost all the men in the movie are just depictions of children. Everything that they do contributes to this show that they have the minds of boys but the bodies of men. They get into fights, form gangs and break down into tears when someone says a bad word. This makes the movie, if anything, a feminist one. Even the dialogue in the movie is that of children.  Champ is constantly calling people gay (although some adults still act like this), Brian is always making crude jokes and referencing his supposedly legendary wang and Brick is just that one dumb kid. I hope that you learnt something and that I wasn’t completely of the mark.

Judging by the huge amount of detail I have added, you can probably sense the love I have for this movie. It is perfect and I will have no-one question that fact. It is a legendary movie and I am so happy that it exists. Watch it and you’ll be having some afternoon delight… NAILED IT!

Recommendation Status: Unmissable!


Please feel free to leave a comment on either the movie or the review. Say if you liked or disliked the movie. I'm interested to find out what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment